Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm heading off to San Diego for a few days of work madness. The team I'm on is putting on a conference so there will be a lot of running around and talking into radios and hoping to grab a few bites of food while the attendees eat. I've been doing conferences like this for 10 years, so it's old hat, but still nerve-wracking in the lead-up. So, wish me luck!

I'll probably drop in here now and again while I'm gone, for sure to post the Word-Hoard podcast sometime tomorrow.

Myths, folklore & symbolism
ginseng: Because of the humanoid shape of its root, it is considered in China to be endowed, like the mandrake, with life-prolonging powers. Since people ascribed to it the power to strengthen virility, it was associated with the yang principle. (Herder)

No comments:

Post a Comment