Friday, October 19, 2007

Playlists

Do you create playlists for your stories? Or your artwork? You know, those songs that seem particularly evocative of your story or characters, those songs that are the "soundtrack" to your story?

Here's my playlist for THE PILGRIM GLASS:
1. London Calling - The Clash
2. Swamp Thing - The Chameleons
3. Around the World - Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. Fibre de Verre - Paris Combo
5. The Lark Ascending - Ralph Vaughan Williams
6. Warning Sign - Coldplay
7. Out of the Woods - Nickel Creek
8. Theft, and Wandering Around Lost - Cocteau Twins
9. Taking the Veil - David Sylvian
10. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
11. Mercy - Prefab Sprout
12. First and Last Waltz - Nickel Creek
13. Over the Hillside - The Blue Nile
14. An Ending (Ascent)- Brian Eno

And here's my playlist for THE MIDNIGHT SON:
1. Ocean Rain - Echo and the Bunnymen
2. Kjerringa Pa Seter'N (Old Lady On The Mountain Farm) - Lief Sorbye
3. Bridal Veil Falls - Chris Thile
4. Det Star Ein Friar Uti Gare (There'S A Suitor In The Garden) - Lief Sorbye
5. I Don't Understand Anything - Everything But the Girl
6. A Chantar - Beatriz Countess of Dia (performed by Mara Kiek)
7. Pastures New - Nickel Creek

So. What about you?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:57 AM

    I make playlists for *everything*. Several, sometimes. I had two discs for the Irish story, one for the Novel of Doom, and I'm building one for the Glasgow story. I'd be happy to list any if you want - I love this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, yeah! Post 'em here, or in your LJ. I've got the Irish story songs, but I don't think I've seen Novel of Doom. And of course, the Glasgow story... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:24 AM

    Done!

    This is a great meme. :D

    ReplyDelete