Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Wiscon

So, just a few weeks until my first Wiscon. I'm getting ridiculously excited.

A group of us - Las Habladoras - are doing a reading at Wiscon on Saturday at 4 p.m. Yolanda Joosten, Jenn Racek, Catherine Schaff-Stump and I will be reading short selections, accompanied by some very cool music I selected (I can't help mixing writing and music, as you know!).

What's even cooler is the stories and music will be accompanied by gorgeous original artwork by Catrina Horsfield (see the graphic in the sidebar -->). Of course, I had a dream the other night that we were doing our reading, but I was doing my part buck-nekkid in a glass shower. Performance anxiety much?

The whole weekend should be a hoot. Unless something amazing happens with American Airlines, I'm going to get in too late for The Gathering (woe!) but the parties and programming should be great.

If you're going to be there, do comment here or e-mail me!

And next year? Historical Novel Society in Chicago in June and World Fantasy here in San Jose in November. I think I'll have to do Wiscon every other year, so I can do HNS, which I really enjoyed the hell out of last year

(x-posted to my LJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment