Thursday, October 11, 2007

London, Pasha, and quince

Hooray, I've been able to sneak a little time before I go to my all-day meeting! London is awesome, as ever. We went to an amazing restaurant called Pasha in Gloucester road and had the best Moroccan meal. But, nose back to the grindstone now and hopefully I'll be able to sneak back in here tomorrow.

Myths, folklore & symbolism
quince: In antiquity it was a symbol of good fortune, love, and fertility and was sacred to Aphrodite. In Greece a wife brought a quince into the house of her husband at the time of their wedding as a symbol of a hoped-for happy marriage. (Herder)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Very interesting. Thanks for the information. I'll have to research that more, as I'm Greek (American) and intersted in learning more about my heritage.

    ReplyDelete